Travel industry is a dynamic industry that keeps changing every year. Tour operators and travel agencies constantly spot new and latest trends in the travel in order to increase their chances of sales. The fact about travel trends in one successful year might not be the same for the next one and thus, travel agencies adapt the environment and trends adequately in order to stay in the competition. 2016 was a good year for the travel industry.It was adventurous, productive and even though with too many challenges, it did grow smoothly.
Below are mentioned some of probable latest trends in travel industry 2017
- Adventure trips: As per Virtuoso, one of the latest trends in the travel industry is adventure trips such as African safari, hiking Swiss Alps, swimming with whale sharks in Australia or Mexico. Latest reports have shown that travelers are now moving into a more adventurous destination for their travel plans, thus increasing interest in hard adventures.
- River Cruising: A traditional cruising like the Rhine or Volga River with bedrooms and public areas with Colonia Style furnishing is getting more and more popular among adventure seekers. Myanmar, Laos and Thailand introduced this adventurous cruising trip amid the jungles and mountains, passing through UNESCO world heritage sites such as Luang Prabang and Golden Temple.
- Food tourism: One of the major element of tourism is food, and travel industry has taken quite a notice to it. According to Patrick Whyte, UK Editor – Skift, food experiences aren’t limited to just dining out, but also farm tours, classic food market and cooking courses, which are about 95% of these experiences. Food also plays an important role for travelers to learn the history of the place and make a pact with their culture, which plays a valuable resource for travel agencies as well.
- Mobile photography: More and more travelers are looking for ways to capture their memorable moments. And with latest advancements in mobile devices and their cameras, it has become easier for them to do so. Travel agencies can benefit it by adding this to their marketing efforts and develop user generated content. Allowing travelers to go through breathtaking views and helping them capture those moments by giving them time to have a photoshoot could increase customer satisfaction.
- Train travels: Vintage train trips, providing deluxe dining car, passing villages, river, countryside and all the Europe, giving a soothing pleasure to the commuters is becoming popular among people. These trains stop at cosmopolitan cities where passengers are provided with luxury hotels for the night until the whistle blows in the morning.
Other latest trends in travel industry include responsible tourism, business and leisure travel, medical tourism, Millennials and many more. Travel agencies are required to adapt these travel trends in order to attract more and more travelers to their company.
QuadLabs is a leading travel technology provider, giving tour operators and travel agencies methods to adapt to these travel trends and increase their business’s potential to get higher return on investment.
Since the demonetization hit the Indian economy on November 8th, 2016, India witnessed a huge let down in the economy. The bold move by PM Modi, to remove Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes as legal tender while introducing new Rs 2000 notes in the circulation may be the right and most needed decision to be made in order to control the black money in the country, but it surely made the economy came to a temporary halt, for which he was majorly criticized as well. Travel industry is one such industry that suffered greatly from this heroic decision. Let’s point out some areas where the effects of demonetization hit immensely to the industry.
- Inbound and outbound travel: Most Indian travellers found it extremely cumbersome as cash in hand was not a legal tender currency. Card facilities in small shops and roadside market were not available.
- Domestic travel: People travelling within the country also tackled issues related to payment Hotels and restaurants along with transportors did not accept old notes.
- Reduced traffic on online travel portals: Indian travelers neglected the thought of traveling after the ban, hence the online travel websites saw a considerable decrease in the traffic.
- Travel plans postponed: Many travelers postponed their travel plans due to shortage of money. The main priority was to get cash in hand as the Governement had a deadline to exchange old cash into new ones.
- Airline bookings: The unexpected ban also hit the airline industry hard as lots of travelers cancelled their air tickets.
- Restaurant reservations: Restaurants in big cities showed a massive drop in reservations. There were many cancellations and no shows, which affected both small and large scale hoteliers and restaurants.
- National monuments: The number of visitors to national heritage sites showed a significant decline as well. This was mainly due to the shortage of new currency, which made both the domestic and foreign tourists face many issues.
- Increased digital payment: Not all the effects of demonetization to travel industry were negative. After the bold decision, travel industry showed a brilliant increase in online payments where the travelers booked their hotels, flight and other travel products using their cards and Internet banking. It also allowed small vendors to use digital wallets as a payment medium, which helped both the travelers and the business owners greatly.
As stated by PM Modi during his demonetization speech that people of India would face difficulties for a couple of months, however, it will only be temporary. His words was true and today, even after so many issues, travel industry in India has shown a rapid growth in the current year.
QuadLabs Technologies Limited
720, 7th Floor,JMD Megapolis, Tower B,
Sohna Road, Sector 48,
Gurgaon 122018, Haryana, India
Phone: +91 9560509246, +91 124 663 6999
Web: http://www.quadlabs.com Email: email@example.com
Whether it is an established travel agency or a start up tour operator, the need of travel technology cannot be ignored. Every travel company has to adapt a superior travel agency software, which allows them to arrange and manage their travel bookings effectively. Travel technology platforms are helping the travel industry in the rapid growth like they have never witnessed. In earlier times, travel agents used to have difficult time while organizing and managing tour for people. Whether inbound or an outbound tour operator, everyone faces enormous nuisances due to uncertainties of travel.
However, development in travel technology,has given these travel agents and tour operators a greater opportunity to earn a higher return on investment by migrating their business to Software as a Service. Today, travel agents are able to target their audience through better content management system, Global Distribution System and travel agents software. Below are mentioned, how travel technology systems help grow different tour operators.
1. Inbound tour operators:
Inbound tour operators invite tourists from other countries and provide a tour of their country. With travel technology system, it would be easy to reach people from other countries. Technology helps the Tour operators send details about tour package, travel destinations, rates, accommodations and other travel related queries, which would attract them to book their agency.
2. Outbound tour operators: These tour operators send people from their country to destinations outside the home country. Travel technology allows Outbound Tour Operators to find people who are looking for a tour in different countries.
3. Travel agency: Travel agencies are an organization which suffice travel needs for people. They plan vacations or business travels for individuals or a group of people as per preferences and budget. Travel technology comes very handy for them as it allows them to target people who are searching for hotel rooms, flights and other travel products by giving them a fair deal. Arrangements such as hotel booking, flight or bus reservations, car rentals, holiday packages are made by Travel Agencies. Furthermore, they also make sure that the travelers don’t have any sort of difficulty during their stay in a different city or country.
QuadLabs travel technology
system help these travel agents and tour operators to organize and keep track of their bookings, business processes and front and back office data in a systematic manner, thus providing utmost satisfaction to the traveler regardless of the type of the travel. They are highly specialized and reliable travel technology provider who plays a very important role in maintaining a healthy relationship between the travel company and the customer for years.
QuadLabs Technologies has been a powerful platform for many travel agents and tour operators for the last decade with its world class Travel ERP technology, giving B2B resellers a better opportunity to provide comprehensive travel solutions to both individuals and business companies. QuadLabs is a leading travel technology solution provider and a winner of ‘World’s Leading Travel ERP Technology Provider for 2015 and 2016’.QuadLabs excels at offering the most enthusiastic and dedicated technological solutions to business travel needs.
Travel technology is a very fast growing field used by numerous travel agents and business travel intermediaries in order to boost their sales and profitability. QuadLabs offers them such technological help by giving them better travel agency booking software, travel booking system and much more to manage their travel bookings, track their inventory and business processes, etc. Every travel company requires to have a better travel booking system that would help them and their customers to arrange their hotel bookings, flight reservations, car rentals, holiday packages and many more at any given point of time with no trouble at all. Having an irresponsible and unreliable travel agency booking software can result in great loss of possible customers and of course sales.
For a B2B reseller, QuadLabs technology helps them to manage their distribution channels and employees. It also helps them to manage their travel reservations and travel products which they can resell to other travel agencies for a greater profit.
Some of the benefits B2B reseller can get from QuadLabs are as follows:
- B2B agent dashboard
- Front office support
- Back office support
- Mid office system
- Credit and deposited policy
- MIS reporting and dashboard
- E-wallet for payments
- Booking management
- Service fee management
- Post sales support
- Rearranging bookings
- Resolving queries
They provide a comprehensive travel management system which processes bookings at multiple point of sales, enhances the relationship between the company and the customer. With QuadLabs travel agency booking software, the tour operator will get a quality front desk or travel desk to better interact with their customers. Other features include significant admin panel for proper business management, connection with negotiated inventories, auto invoicing, third party integration, B2B2B and B2B2C labels for affiliates and subagents, inbuilt GDS and many more.
There are many travel technology providers available out there, but none are as competent and reliable as QuadLabs Travel technology due to its highly innovative features, business processes and ability to help other travel companies to sell their travel products in a very easy and flexible manner. They understand the requirements of the business way too well and offer the most suitable help possible to boost their profit. They are master in identifying the areas in a travel industry, which are lagging the company behind and knows very well to resolve them in a quick span of time and surely at a very reasonable price. Therefore, if you are also an aspiring travel agent company or a B2B reseller in the field, then it would be wise to engage services of QuadLabs.
Travelling is necessary, whether it is for a family, a group of friends or a business. Everyone, at some point or another, needs to travel from one place to another. However, the process is quite frequent in a business organization, regardless of the size of the company as they constantly find themselves sending their employees and sales people to networking events, seminars and conventions all over the globe. This sure is a very tiring and stressful process for managers and business owners who may have used several different techniques every time to make the travel of their personnels easier and flexible. However, it is quite understandable if they couldn’t be able to properly manage their corporate travel as it is a very challenging task to accomplish.
Continue reading “How travel Technologies turn globe into a global business village?”
The latest technological development in the travel industry, widely known as Global Distribution Systems, also known as Automated Reservation System (ARS) that has helped travel agents all over the world. It is a universal computerized reservation network provided in a single point of access in order to book airline tickets, hotels, car rentals and all the other travel products by travel agents using online travel booking system. This new initiative in the travel industry has not only provided numerous benefits to the travel organizations, but also managed to provide cost efficient and easy travel items to the final customer.
Continue reading “The transformation of travel industry blended with technology”