Creating a business travel plan requires a lot of research as one has to browse through multiple travel options and pick the right bookings. Also, the travel plan should be compliant with the company policies. Creating a travel plan manually is a lot of effort and if the travel agent doesn’t do it carefully then everything goes in vain. Hence to save time, effort, and money for a company having a corporate booking tool is a necessity in current time. A lot of companies’ design travel management systems for businesses to plan their corporate trips. These portals can manage travel bookings and make the travel planning task easy for the employees. Features like pre-approvals, instant bookings, travel report generation etc. make these tools the right choice for travel management. Some of these tools also have mobile applications that make the travel itinerary updates and planning even easier and instant.
Picking a good corporate management system for a company isn’t a simple process. There are a lot of corporate dashboards available in the market that boast of a lot of features, but choosing the right travel expense management system can get tricky. Some of the features that in these tools that make the business travel simple are:
- Self-booking capability: The online travel management systems have a user-friendly interface that shows a concise information to the traveller so that they can do reservation themselves as per company policies. Since these are also centralized real-time booking is also possible. This ensures a smooth booking of the travel itinerary as the user gets the right information to create the travel plan.
- Policy and Workflow Management: Since these corporate management tools are customizable, all the company policies and approval systems can be easily incorporated in them. This ensures that all the travel related bookings stringently follow the policy guidelines of a company. A company can save a lot of cost and unwanted fines by using this feature.
- Safety and Security: In this fickle world where the company data is of utmost importance, these corporate booking tools are end-to-end automated and all the trading related transactions are secure format. This protects both the company and employee data from being leaked online.
- Third party Integration: Linking third party tools like GDS, LCCs etc. is very easy with this tool. This flexibility makes the tool to be installed as a self-sufficient entity.
- Travel Expense Reporting: Once a booking is complete the travel expense report can be generated for business travel. There is no hassle to store the hard copies of report as everything is done at the backend. To add other travel expenses the employee can take the snapshot of the receipt and upload it through the tool’s mobile application as well.
These are some of the features that are present in the travel management systems which improve the user’s travel experience. These tools are highly-efficient and cost-effective and help the company in monitoring the travel expense as well. If you wish to optimize the travel budget for your company then you should definitely get this tool for your business.