Travel industry is a dynamic industry that keeps changing every year. Tour operators and travel agencies constantly spot new and latest trends in the travel in order to increase their chances of sales. The fact about travel trends in one successful year might not be the same for the next one and thus, travel agencies adapt the environment and trends adequately in order to stay in the competition. 2016 was a good year for the travel industry.It was adventurous, productive and even though with too many challenges, it did grow smoothly.
Below are mentioned some of probable latest trends in travel industry 2017
- Adventure trips: As per Virtuoso, one of the latest trends in the travel industry is adventure trips such as African safari, hiking Swiss Alps, swimming with whale sharks in Australia or Mexico. Latest reports have shown that travelers are now moving into a more adventurous destination for their travel plans, thus increasing interest in hard adventures.
- River Cruising: A traditional cruising like the Rhine or Volga River with bedrooms and public areas with Colonia Style furnishing is getting more and more popular among adventure seekers. Myanmar, Laos and Thailand introduced this adventurous cruising trip amid the jungles and mountains, passing through UNESCO world heritage sites such as Luang Prabang and Golden Temple.
- Food tourism: One of the major element of tourism is food, and travel industry has taken quite a notice to it. According to Patrick Whyte, UK Editor – Skift, food experiences aren’t limited to just dining out, but also farm tours, classic food market and cooking courses, which are about 95% of these experiences. Food also plays an important role for travelers to learn the history of the place and make a pact with their culture, which plays a valuable resource for travel agencies as well.
- Mobile photography: More and more travelers are looking for ways to capture their memorable moments. And with latest advancements in mobile devices and their cameras, it has become easier for them to do so. Travel agencies can benefit it by adding this to their marketing efforts and develop user generated content. Allowing travelers to go through breathtaking views and helping them capture those moments by giving them time to have a photoshoot could increase customer satisfaction.
- Train travels: Vintage train trips, providing deluxe dining car, passing villages, river, countryside and all the Europe, giving a soothing pleasure to the commuters is becoming popular among people. These trains stop at cosmopolitan cities where passengers are provided with luxury hotels for the night until the whistle blows in the morning.
Other latest trends in travel industry include responsible tourism, business and leisure travel, medical tourism, Millennials and many more. Travel agencies are required to adapt these travel trends in order to attract more and more travelers to their company.
QuadLabs is a leading travel technology provider, giving tour operators and travel agencies methods to adapt to these travel trends and increase their business’s potential to get higher return on investment.